Well the day that i dreaded once again came, and suprisingly I was just fine.
Seeing him again:
I arrived at the air port feb 20 with my in-laws to pick seth up. As we were getting in the terminal D we had no clue on where to go or really what to do. So we found an info desk and started heading towards it. There was no one in the airport except for a few people. When we walked up to the desk a nice lil lady said " are you hear to meet a soldier", i replied yes I am here to pick my husband up. She said " your in the right place, handed us a free parking pass, package of kleenex, and some pins for our jackat. We got something to drink and the waiting period began. A woman and her lil girl and her mother ventured over to where i was standing and asked if i was there to pick up my soldier and we started chatting. which was a good thing it made the time go by so much faster. So then a man walkes over with a green coat on and a brown hat, he was a greeter. He asked us a few questions about seth and told us that the plane had landed and to follow him over to this tunnel thing.
and more then more waiting...
Then we hear loud talking, guy voices... I turn and look at Kerry and the girl i was chatting with and said THERE COMING... i got butterflys in my stomach...lol
All the soldiers started walking in, one by one went down the tunnel, people cheering, whistling, yelling.. all kinds of groups of people where there to meet them. Girl scouts, high school groups, att, and then just random people with kids.... Not one soldier got through with out a hug, handshake, pat on the back, or a free gift of some kind.
Then the moment I had been waiting for all day... I see my man...lol
I attacked him like a lioness on her prey..lol
We went through the tunnel out to our car.. and thats when our two weeks began...
R&R..
Seth and I had a blast, we went bowling, movies, we went on a date..lol umm all sorts of things... then the two weeks ended...
Take him back...
We got to the air port on wed.. he checked in and got his boarding pass... we went to the other side...
We stopped in to the USO... which by the way is sooo cool, and i met the nicest lil old ladies there, so sweet and generous, and absotuly love soldiers.. they give them food, drinks, phones to call home, laptops, they can watch movies, sleep...
so then we go eat at Fridays... and of course the whole time I am in pain, my back hurts from the sickness that I had.. so of courst I am misserable, seth feels bad cause of me...
So then we find his gate and go sit and just chat and just make the time go by...
Well it is 6:30 the time he is supposed to get on and board, so we make our way to the gate... I give him the biggest hug and the wetest kisss EVER..lol
and then he is offf...
Times are hard when he is away, it seems like all the bad stuff happens...
Seth is gone for 8 more months but life goes on.. I am becoming a woman, more independent and i have a great job...
But at the same time i miss him sooo much and hate the fact that he is missing all of our first...
I love you seth.. and I am sooo glad that I have you to spend the rest of my life with and a year is nothing compared to a live time i will have with you..
Im honored to be an Army wife, and more importantly YOURS...
143
thanks for all the comments and support from my readers...
Kc
2 comments:
All of these stories make me so much more anxious to see Danny. I got tears in my eyes reading about taking him back to the airport. It made me think of doing that once already and dreading doing that again. I am glad you guys had fun though. Stay tough. Eight months will go by quickly. Hopefully for both of us.
Yes, it was quite an adventure at the airport, and made me feel good about the people who make the time to take care of our wonderful troops. Ii's good to know there are people such as these in our country.....they are such a blessing.
Post a Comment